The Hitachi DZHS500A Hybrid Camcorder Kit records digital video and still images onto a 30GB hard drive and removable 8cm DVD-RAM, DVD-R/W and DVD+R discs. This results in images that you can play back thousands of times with virtually no degradation of picture quality. A 1/6" CCD captures video and stills in high-resolution recordings, while SD/MMC cards can store still images in 640 x 480 resolution.
Small and streamlined, the DZ-HS500A also boasts a 1-second start-up time, 16:9 recording mode, and a simplified menu system. With this camcorder, you can enjoy all the convenient benefits of both the hard drive and DVD format and top of the line features, all at entry-level prices.
This kit also includes a rechargeable DZ-BP14SW Lithium-ion battery pack, three DVD discs and a black camcorder bag.
- 1/6" CCD
- The DZ-HS500A's single, 1/6" CCD captures video and still photos in outstanding clarity and color.
- DVD-R/W, DVD+R 30GB Hard Drive
The DZ-HS500A allows you to record to a 30B hard drive, DVD-RAM, DVD-R/W and DVD+R.
With the DVD drive, you can record home movies directly to DVD, and then play them back on your home DVD player. Because DVD provides random, direct access to data, there's no rewinding and no fast-forwarding to play back what you've recorded.
You can also record to a built-in 30GB hard disk that gives you up to 25 hours. of recording time, depending on recording quality. Imagine, no more tapes or DVDs to buy, ever!
- 16:9 Widescreen Recording Mode
- Use the camcorder's 16:9 mode to record movies in a widescreen aspect ratio; the same ratio used by the majority of big-screen motion pictures.
- Electronic Image Stabilizer
- A high-quality image stabilization system corrects camcorder shake instantly, so your videos always look smooth, steady, and natural.
- Digital Still Mode
- Capture still images in 640 x 480 resolution directly to your hard drive for easy access. The SD card slot makes it even easier to share your photos with friends and family.
- PC and MAC Compatibility
- The DZ-HS500A can connect to your computer via USB 2.0.