This Ikelite compact mechanical underwater housing is designed for the Sony HDR-SR11 and HDR-SR12 camcorders. The housing is molded in clear polycarbonate and includes an optical-glass lens port with a removable UR pro filter. Composition is easy with the camera's large LCD viewing screen that can be viewed from the rear of the housing using the External Mirror featured on the side of the housing. Or you can use the magnified Super-Eye Viewfinder for enhanced viewing through a diving mask.
Your underwater video will always be better if you are very close to your subjects. That is why wide-angle lenses are important. With this housing you have three options for wide-angle. The housing port is threaded allowing the use of the optional #6420 Ikelite lens or any 67mm threaded wide-angle conversion lens. Or use the Raynox HD-5050 Pro high definition wide-angle lens on the camera. When using this lens an optional port is required. You can use dome port #9304. The dome corrects for underwater size distortion but does limit the camcorders zoom and limits macro. Or use flat port #9304.1. This port allows macro and full zoom but your subject looks closer and bigger then it actually is.
The housing is easy to use and will allow you to capture the moment underwater directly onto the camera's hard drive. The housing provides you with controls for all necessary functions including Power On/Off, Recording Start/Stop, Photo/Snapshot, Zoom LCD Touch Screen Controls including white balance. The housing is rated to a depth of up to 200'.
- Dependable mechanical controls are sealed with Quad-Ring seal glands
- Power On/Off
- Recording Start/Stop
- LCD Touch Screen Controls including white balance
- The camera's LCD monitor can be viewed using the External Mirror on the side of the housing
- Magnified Super-Eye Viewfinder is provided for enhanced viewing through a diving mask
- Built from strong and corrosion-resistant clear polycarbonate injection-molded material, allowing visual inspection of the camcorder, control functions, and all sealing surfaces
- Camera Writes to Built-In Hard Drive
- Capture the moment underwater in video or digital stills directly onto the camera's hard drive
- Color Corrector Filter
- The UR/Pro color-correcting filter enhances the warm reds and oranges that are lost underwater. The filter secures to the outside of the port offering easy installation and removal. Provides quality results with available sunlight underwater to 80' depth.
- Quick-Release Base
- The quick-release base removes instantly for travelling