Film and Digital Techniques for Zone System Photography - As a photographer, the Zone System offers you a way to capture your impression of the world and tell someone else what you saw in the most beautiful visual language: the language of black & white photography.
Based on the techniques of legendary photographer Ansel Adams and presented by Dr. Glenn Rand of the Brooks Institute of Photography, this book offers a systematic approach that integrates a knowledge of light, exposure, development, and print-making.
By implementing these step-by-step instructions for each phase in a film or digital workflow you can become consistent in the way you work and achieve overall better results in your images.
- Tips for getting started quickly with the Zone System
- Understanding the zones and how to place them in your images
- Tips for accurate previsualization
- Development techniques for precise contrast control
- Printing to bring out the most in each image
- Implementing the Zone System principles in a digital workflow