The C2-2355A Universal Video Switcher/Scaler from TV One provides bidirectional switching and scaling between a number of video standards. Inputs and outputs include DVI computer video, HDTV, composite video, YC, YUV component, YPbPr (progressive scan) component or RGB, and SD/HD-SDI. Output is selectable as any computer resolution up to 2048 x 2048 at any refresh rate and all HDTV resolutions up to 1080p. Audio switching is also supported with an integral 4x1 audio routing switcher with (4) impedance-independent unbalanced inputs that follow video input selection.
It has a unique auto-set feature that virtually automates the setup process by sizing and positioning the computer image to fit exactly on the video screen. All of these settings are stored in non-volatile memory and retained even when the power is switched off. Control options include front-panel pushbuttons, IR remote control unit, Ethernet connectivity, and an RS-232 port. A Windows-based control panel is also provided and is compatible with most third-party control systems. An LCD on the front panel further facilitates management of the unit.
Other features include variable zoom to 10X, variable shrink to 10%, and position controls. Advanced digital-flicker elimination circuitry and high sampling rates ensure signal integrity. Full-bandwidth chroma sampling ensures faithful color reproduction. This model additionally includes picture-in-picture functionality, chromakey, lumakey, mixing features, and edge blending.
It features the CORIO2 video-processing engine, a proprietary and entirely firmware-based chipset that can be upgraded at any time by downloading the latest firmware version and flash upgrading the unit in the field. All models in this series allow for input expansion through use an appropriate S2 series input switcher.
- Bidirectional Switching & Scaling
- This unit provides bidirectional switching and scaling between a number of video standards.
- Automatic Setup
- It includes a unique feature that virtually automates setup.
- Control options include pushbuttons, an IR remote control, Ethernet, and RS-232.
- Video Parameters
- Options for adjusting video image include variable zoom, variable shrink, and position controls, among other options.
- Upgradeable & Expandable
- The unit's video-processing engine can be upgraded at any time by downloading the latest firmware and optional inputs can be added to the unit.