Engineered for high-performance viewing - the Viper 8.5x50 roof prism binocular from Vortex is surprisingly light and easy to manage. Like all Viper binoculars, the 8.5x50 features the combination of XD lenses and XR multicoating - these optical enhancements significantly improve the viewer's ability to locate and identify subjects at great distances. The high-performance roof prisms are fully phase-corrected to ensure maximum light transmission, clarity, and contrast. The rugged housing is argon purged and o-ring sealed to create a fogproof and waterproof seal that is also dust resistant.
Configured with superb 50 mm objectives the Viper delivers bright viewing well into twilight. Eye and sunglass wearers will experience comfortable viewing thanks to the twist-up eyecups and a very respectable eye relief of 19.5 mm.
- Optical Performance
- AFOV: 49.3°
- Phase-corrected roof prisms ensure high-resolution, excellent contrast, trim form-factor
- XD lens elements: extra-low dispersion glass for maximum resolution, color, and contrast
- XR lens coating: anti-reflective multicoating on all air-to-glass surfaces enhances light transmission
- Construction Details
- Protective rubber covering for enhanced external protection
- Argon purged and o-ring sealed for waterproof, fogproof, and dustproof performance
- Use and Handling
- Tripod adaptable
- Center focus knob is fast and accurate
- Rubber armor provides a secure no-slip grip
- Right eye diopter for exacting focus correction
- Twist-up reinforced eyecups with intermediate settings accommodate eye/sunglass wearers