Instruments from Sibelius is an interactive software encyclopedia of musical instruments and how they combine to form bands, orchestras and ensembles. It includes complete information on every orchestral and band instrument, with full details of their characteristics, how to write for them, and hundreds of high-quality recordings.
The software also explains about different orchestras (both historical and modern), bands and ensembles, including their development and repertoire. Sound examples of each are provided. With its extensive quiz to test what's been learned, Instruments is ideal for schools, colleges, universities, teachers, students, composers and arrangers.
Note! This package is an educational discount that requires proof of current educational status. Available to fully accredited K-12, College, or University Institutions in North/South America.
- Complete information on over fifty instruments, from alto clarinet to xylophone
- Over twenty types of band, orchestra and ensemble, from string quartet to marching band
- Provides instrumental writing and playing techniques such as range, bowing, mutes, glissandi, harmonics, mallets and multiphonics
- Lesson plans, student assignments and recommended listening
- Includes quiz with five-hundred listening and general questions