The Gitzo GT2541G Mountaineer 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs uses advanced "Carbon 6X" carbon fiber material for its leg construction. This improved tubing is stronger, lighter and as resistant as its 12 layer predecessor. Carbon "6X" is manufactured using a complex, 3-D process weaving 6 layers of carbon fiber into smooth, solid constructed tubes.
This "geared" version of the GT2541 comes with a geared center column instead of the standard sliding column. This allows for much finer control, and for more secure raising and lowering of the camera.
The GT2541G is ideal for use with DSLRs with 200mm lenses (up to a 300mm maximum), lightweight camcorders, and spotting scopes. It offers an excellent load capacity rating of 26.4 lbs (12kg) and good torsional rigidity.
- Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) System
- The Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) system makes it quick and easy to open and close the tripod. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds.
- G-Lock Design
- The G-Lock mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock's special design also provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- Power Disc
- The Power Disc features two locking screws, one directly for the column and one for the head. This assures a rock solid connection of the whole system. This machined aluminum disc also includes the Safe Lock material, which cuts down on vibrations.
- Redesigned Upper Discs & Bolts
- This tripod features completely redesigned upper discs and bolts. The discs, which are composed of aluminum, feature a safe lock material that reduces vibrations and improves head locking. The improved high-grade stainless steel bolt design prevents it from dropping inside the column when adjusted, and makes controlling the tread length stress-free. The redesigned bolts are also corrosion and oxidation resistant.
- Ground-Level Set
- This feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. The upper disk is removed from the center column and inserted directly into the upper casting using the column hook. No tools required. In addition, this tripod has a redesigned magnesium upper casting for a further weight reduction, and a third ultra low leg spread to take full advantage of the Ground Level Set.
- 1mm Gitzo 6X Carbon Fiber Tube
- Gitzo was able to develop a six-crossed multilayer carbon fiber 30% lighter than the previous 1.5mm generation that features the same exceptional performance of stability and vibration absorption and unbeatable quality.
- Performance Design
- Performance design allows the legs to be set individually at 24°, 55° and 90° to cover every angle you want to shoot.
- Redesigned built-in, self-locking, spring-loaded retractable hook on the bottom of the center column provides a place to hang a stabilizing counterweight such as camera, sand or water bags.
- Removable Leg Tips
- Removable self-locking rubber leg tips are interchangeable with Gitzo universal accessories such as the big foot, long spike, etc.
- Rapid Column
- Geared center columnfor finer and more secure control.