The Headzone PRO from Beyerdynamic is a digital 5.1 surround sound headphone system that puts you right in the middle of your movies and other surround sound audio. The system consists of a digital base station and a pair of DT 880 PRO HT headphones.
The base station sports analog RCA inputs and a digital 5.1 IEEE1394 FireWire input. The unit can decode Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic, and PCM formats, and can be used as a reference-quality headphone amplifier in bypass mode. The headphones feature thick around-ear cushions and an adjustable headband for long-lasting comfort, and can be used as stand-alone headphones with other devices.
The system has plug-and-play compatibility, and requires no configuration. Simply connect it to your receiver or DVD player and enjoy the immersive sound experience. The patented head tracking system uses ultrasound sensors to follow head movement to ensure that all sounds come from the appropriate direction.
The system has intelligent room modeling that can be adjusted for room size and acoustic characteristics to give you a personalized listening experience. The Headzone PRO also has a software control panel that can be used with Windows and Mac computers, allowing you to adjust system parameters and save individual setups.
- 5.1 Surround Sound
- The 5.1 surround sound capability provides realistic audio reproduction with precise acoustic localization
- Comprehensive Inputs
- The base station has RCA analog inputs and a 5.1 digital IEEE1394 FireWire input. It can decode Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic, and PCM audio formats
- Comfortable Headphones
- The headphones feature thick around-ear cushions and an adjustable headband for long-lasting comfort
- In addition to the surround sound capabilities, the base station can be used as a reference-quality headphone amplifier in bypass mode, and the headphones can be used with other devices for audio monitoring
- No Configuration Needed
- The base station connects to your receiver or DVD player with a single cable and is ready to go with no configuration needed
- Patented Head Tracking
- The patented head tracking system uses ultrasound sensors to ensure that the sound is always coming from the correct direction, no matter what orientation your head is in, creating the audio illusion that the sound is always coming from the same source and location
- Room Modeling
- The room size and acoustic characteristics can be adjusted to match your personal preferences
- Software Control Panel
- The included software allows you to use the system with a Windows or Mac computer and adjust all system parameters, as well as save individual setups. ASIO and WDM drivers are included, and the system is Apple Core Audio compliant