The Sony HVR-M25AU is an HDV format VTR ideally used with desktop editing workstations. The VTR performs a wide range of professional applications. The deck can play back both NTSC/PAL signals, as well as 720p. The unit records Sony's 1080i as well as DV and DVCAM. High definition can be recorded with either Mini DV tapes or the larger standard size cassettes for record times up to 276 minutes in HDV and DV mode.
The HVR-M25AU can output to High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), which supports an uncompressed signal for unmatched image quality. Additional features include advanced time code settings, assignable buttons, and a front mounted 2.5" LCD.
- Multiple Formats
- The deck is capable of playing back DV, DVCAM and HDV signals for added versatility. It can convert a 1080i signal to 720p for broadcast delivery along with down conversion to standard definition. Options for down conversion include edge-cropping, digitally stretching the image, or letterbox adjustments.
- LCD Monitoring
- Footage can be viewed directly with the HVR-M25AU's on board LCD screen which doubles as an on-board menu system. The high contrast 2.5" panel is located directly below the tape transport for easy access and monitoring.
- Extended Record Times
- The deck can support standard size cassettes for extended record times. Archiving and long run time projects can be recorded with ease. Record up to 276 minutes of HDV or DV footage and up to 184 of DVCAM footage on one tape.
- NTSC/PAL Switchable
- The VTR can move between recording NTSC and PAL standard definition signals. This added flexibility can be important when mastering for different regions.
- Presentations will benefit from the auto-repeat function. The deck will automatically start a video over again when this option is on. Simply set the deck up and let it do the rest.