The Horseman 80mm f/4.5 Super-Symmar XL Lens is a Schneider 80mm f/4.5 Super-Symmar XL with a standard Copal #0 shutter, but built into a Horseman-specific helical focusing mount and barrel assembly made to fit upon their SW612/SW612 Professional medium format cameras. Used with a 6x12 film back, this lens produces a slightly wide 70° x 39° field of view, making it appropriate as a general use lens for this system of panoramic format cameras. Your images will have a wide expanse without an exaggerated spatial relationship between objects in the scene, and generous amounts of shift are also permitted on the 612 Professional.
The Schneider Super-Symmar XL 85 is an aspherical wide-field lens design which gives extremely high peak contrast and resolving power when stopped down to ~f/11. The 6 element/4 group aspherical has a 105° viewing angle and a 211mm peak image circle, allowing plenty of shift with the 612 Professional.
- A Schneider 80mm f/4.5 Super-Symmar XL with standard Copal #0 shutter, built into Horseman-specific helical focusing mount/barrel assembly
- Aspherical design permits extremely high peak resolution and contrast with excellent correction for distortion
- Exclusively made to fit SW612/SW612 Professional medium format cameras
- Produces a 70° x 39° field of view when used with 6x12 film back
- Focuses down to 3.3' (1m)
- Extremely fine resolving power when stopped down just a few steps from maximum aperture
- Large maximum aperture aids focusing in poor light