The DD-7 from Boss is a compact digital effects pedal with a variety of uses for guitars, basses, and keyboards. It enables you to create different effects with digital delays, analog modeled delays, modulation effects like chorus, reverse effects, and sound-on-sound looping. It's a powerful tool for varying the tone of your instrument, building intricate layers of loops, and discovering creative new means of expression.
The DD-7 runs on a standard 9 volt battery, or on an optional PSA-series power adapter. It features two 1/4" instrument inputs, one expression pedal input, and two 1/4" outputs. The dual inputs and outputs allow you to run the DD-7 in stereo, or to route separate signals into the device, and to send its outputs to multiple sources. The expression pedal input enables you to control the parameters of the DD-7 hands free.
- Expanded Delay Time
- Up to 6.4 seconds of delay time is available with the DD-7, a marked increase from its predecessor. In addition, Hold mode allows up to 40 seconds of input to be recorded for creating "sound on sound" performances.
- New Delay Modes
- The DD-7 is equipped with two innovative new delay modes. Modulation Delay provides chorus-flavored sounds. Analog Delay offers a modeled simulation of the classic BOSS DM-2, beloved for its characteristic warmth.
- External Control
- For hands-free control of the DD-7, an external footswitch and Expression pedal (sold separately) can be used. Tap tempo can be controlled from an external footswitch (or the built-in footswitch on the DD-7), while delay time, feedback, and effect level can be changed on the fly via Expression pedal.
- Stereo Output
- Create interesting effects with the DD-7's stereo output, such as spatial audio sweeps via true stereo panning. You can also use the stereo outputs to create separate dry and wet signal paths that are handy for recording and live performance control.
- Expanded delay time, up to 6.4 seconds
- Modulation Delay mode offers natural, chorus-type sounds
- Analog Delay mode models the Boss DM-2 analog delay sound
- Up to 40 seconds of recording for sound on sound (Hold mode)