This Horseman Lens Unit for the SW-DII Camera is built around a Rodenstock 28mm f/4.5 Digital HR Apochromatic Sironar Wide Angle Lens combining some of the best elements of two leading view camera and optical manufacturers. The Rodenstock Digital APO Sironar lens is in a customized helical setting with a lensboard to mount onto a Horseman SW-DII. The focal length will vary with the size of the sensor area or film format used in whichever back is attached to it.
Rodenstock Digital lenses are designed for use with a digital back on your large format camera. The HR feature denotes the high resolving power of this lens and is excellent for high-res CCD sensors with small pixel sizes.
The 45mm f/4.5 lens unit features a 70mm image circle that is best suited for small- to mid-sized medium format sensors attached to the SW-DII camera.
- By selecting Rodenstock HR glass, Horseman ensures that your substantial investment in the SW-DII and a digital camera back, produces both extended technical possibilities and sharper, more brilliant prints.
- Apochromatic design reduces color aberration.
- Each element is constructed to eliminate color "fringing" in the digital image.
- Due to the relatively small formats (higher diffraction) and the high light requirements of the CCD image sensor, f/8 and f/11 are the ideal working apertures.
- Accepts any brand of slim or wide angle 67mm threaded filter.