The Edirol F-1 is a durable field recorder capable of recording both DV and HDV video. Its large 120GB drive means users can record virtually the entire day without having to switch a tape or dump a card. Additionally, the F-1 uniquely has 2 XLR-based audio channels, along with a 12V XLR power input. The unit can be controlled via LAN connection, making it ideal even in situations where the operator cannot be manning the camera directly. Footage can be streamed by either FireWire (i.LINK) or USB 2.0 inputs.
- Additional Audio Features
- Unlike the competition, the F-1 portable recorder has the ability to capture analog audio directly through its two XLR inputs. The added flexibility can be very useful, especially when shooting live events or concerts.
- Removable Drive
- Is 120GB not big enough? Have no fear, the F-1 gives users the ability to change drives, if space becomes an issue. The shock absorption mechanism ensures that vibrations will not effect the hard drive.
- View On Set
- The F-1 makes it easy to view footage right on the set. The deck is equipped with an RGB output, letting users check dailies right away.
- Remote Control
- The F-1 can be controlled over LAN via Ethernet (Cat5), making it incredibly versatile in harsh or inaccessible environments.