The Ebony A1 from TL Audio is a dual channel microphone/line preamplifier featuring discrete Class-A circuitry and a switchable tube path for added tonal variation. There are no integrated circuits in the audio path which translates into low noise and low distortion, while delivering a wide frequency response. An output gain control effectively acts like an output fader, useful when recording direct to tape or a hard disc DAW/recorder.
Each microphone/line input has a switch that allows a tube circuit to be inserted into the signal path, with rotary controls on each channel for dialing in the amount of tube processing (drive) required. The instrument inputs have a dedicated tube input stage with the ability to select high or low impedance. The inputs and outputs are balanced and ground free and unbalanced operation is supported.
- Dual channel discrete class-A microphone/linepreamplifier
- Switchable and variable tube circuit for additional coloration on each channel
- Two instrument inputs (DI) with switchable high and low impedance
- Balanced outputs that will function unbalanced
- Output gain stage
- Switchable +48V phantom power
- 90Hz high pass filter
- 30dB pad
- Phase reverse
- Analog style VU metering display
- Output Peak LED for monitoring the output prior to sending to a DAW