The Simultaneous Dual-N Band Wireless Router from Linksys combines the functions of a Cable/DSL router, a wireless access point and a network storage server into one compact device. The router allows you to share your Internet connection between several computers that can connect via the draft 802.11n wireless protocol or via any of four wired RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet ports. The router is also fully backwards compatible with legacy 802.11a/b/g devices.
The router also features a firewall to protect you from malicious software that can attack your computer from the Internet, as well as wireless security to insure that your data remains private.
The router can achieve blazing fast speeds via the draft 802.11n wireless connection, and it is also fully backward compatible with devices that use the older 54Mbps 802.11a/g and 11Mbps 802.11b standards. These features make the wireless router a great way to add wireless access to your home network.
- Wired and Wireless Connections
- In addition to providing wireless capabilities, the router has four standard 10/100/1000Mbps RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet ports to allow you to connect computers and devices that do not have a wireless card installed. This gives you the ability to simply plug in your desktop computer to the router while accessing your network wirelessly via your laptop.
- Simultaneous Dual Band Technology
- The router can operate on 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies simultaneously. This effectively doubles the router's effective bandwidth, by giving devices on each frequency a dedicated channel for communication.
- Storage Link
- The router features a USB 2.0 port for hard drive connectivity. Attaching a USB 2.0 storage device allows you to access it from any computer on your network. The router even features a built-in media server to stream music, video and photos from the attached drive to UPnP devices.
- Firewall and Network Security
- The router features a powerful firewall to help protect your computer against malicious attacks that often target computers connected to the Internet. Additionally the router features network security to protect your data as it is transmitted wirelessly, ensuring that outsiders can't access your private data.