The MultiPhones MiniPod from Henry Engineering is a compact stereo headphone amplifier ideal for use in studios and other commercial sound applications. The MiniPod can be used with a MultiPhones master unit, or as a stand-alone amp. In either setup, multiple MiniPods can work together by using CAT5 cables.
The rear of the unit features 2 balanced 1/4" inputs and 2 RJ45 connectors, allowing you to daisy-chain multiple units. When used in conjunction with a MultiPhones master unit, audio and power are provided by the master unit. Up to 12 MiniPod units can be connected to a master. You can also choose to distribute power only via CAT5 cables, and deliver separate audio feeds to each MiniPod. When used individually, the MiniPod receives 12V power via an AC adapter (sold separately).
The front panel features a volume control knob, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a 1/4" headphone jack. The internal amplifier in each MiniPod allows you to use different types of headphones in a daisy-chained scenario. There is also no degradation of audio between units, regardless of the number used.
- Ultra compact design
- Can be used as a stand-alone or with a MultiPhones master unit
- Standard RJ45 jacks allow daisy-chaining via CAT5 cable. Power and audio can be delivered from a Multiphones master unit to up to 12 MiniPods
- Standard 1/4" left and right input connectors
- Stereo 3.5mm and 1/4" headphone jacks
- Front-panel volume control