The Whirlwind E Snake 2 is 16 channel frame that accepts E Snake series modular audio cards for custom configurations of required stage inputs and returns. Pristine audio signals, up to 16 channels (8 in, 8 out) at 24-bit, 96kHz can be sent up 328' (100 m) via economical CAT-5 cable. The E Snake 2 is compatible with all CobraNet devices for exceptional versatility. Multiple frames can be joined with Gigabit switches for increased capacity if necessary. With the external power supply port, the E Snake 2 can be powered by the ESP 1 external power supply to protect from power failure.
- Superb Audio Quality
The E Snake 2 was designed to the highest professional standards with mic preamps and A/D, D/A converters chosen from the best components available.
This frame features wide and flat frequency response, low THD and residual noise that exceeds the noise floor of our measuring device (<118dB)
- E Snake 2 uses the same motherboard principle and the same I/O cards developed for the original E Snake. E Snake 2 can accept any two of these cards: input, output or any combination of the two. You can mix and match Mic/Line, Line or AES/EBU configurations with each card processing 8 channels for superb connectivity with any CobraNet or existing E Snake digital snake system
- Lower Latency
- Fixed latencies of 1.33ms, 2.66ms or 5.33ms. With its 20 or 24-bit sampling rates, the E Snake 2 is compatible with any other CobraNet device
- E Snake Control Software
- E Snake 2 is now incorporated into the existing E Snake Control software. This single Windows PC application allows for controlling the input parameters of all E Snake products from any point on the CobraNet network. E Snake Control provides remote control of input gain, phantom power, pad, etc. (Functions vary depending on the type of cards installed)
- Gain Tracking
- When two or more E Snake units are connected, E Snake Control "tracks" any changes made to the inputs and adjusts the outputs accordingly making the E Snake 2 a "virtual wire" - as input gain is adjusted, the analog level of the output card is adjusted by the same amount but in the opposite direction. Once you have set your analog console's gain structure, adjustments to the E Snake's gain stage do not affect the input level at the board
- Standardized Protocol
- CobraNet is rapidly becoming accepted as a standard for transporting multi-channel, real-time audio. Over 40 manufacturers now subscribe to the CobraNet standard and digital consoles are now providing direct input via CobraNet I/O modules