The USNV-PVS-14 is designed for the most demanding of nighttime applications. This NVD is configured with a high performance 3rd generation intensifier with manual variable-gain control for optimum viewing capability.
This extremely lightweight and versatile night vision monocular is fully waterproof/submersible, and it's engineered to provide up to 40 hr of use on a single AA battery. A comprehensive accessory kit is included with the monocular, and a vast array of optional mission-specific enhancements is available for fine-tuning the system's functionality.
All NVDs sold by B&H feature bright-light protection systems. However, this does not mean that bright light can/will not damage the device. Exposure to bright light compromises the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Use and Handling
- Extensive accessory kit included
- Rugged waterproof/fogproof housing
- Battery: single AA/40 hr run-time
- Extreme operating/storage temperature range
- 30.5mm filter/accessory-lens thread
- Manual gain control: operator can adjust for dynamic lighting easily
- 3rd Generation Intensifier
- While 2nd generation night vision works well in most applications, 3rd generation night vision will outperform it in all situations. With a 3rd generation NVD, your image will be crisper and clearer with a decreased level of bright light blooming. These improvements substantially increase the recognition and detection range of the system.