The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX150 Digital Camera captures images with an astonishing 14.7-megapixel resolution that makes it easy to take clear, sharp photos or you can crop unwanted parts of an image and enlarge the rest, thereby creating a beautifully composed photo that retains outstanding detail. The 28mm wide-angle Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens of the camera lets users capture images of expansive scenery, and when shooting in tight or crowded indoor spaces, the wide-angle lens fits more people in the photo. In addition, the high-performance, next-generation image processing system of the FX150 -The Venus Engine IV - not only helps the camera render exquisitely beautiful images, and capture images with amazing speed, but also makes the camera more energy-efficient, allowing 330 pictures (CIPA) per battery charge.
The DMC-FX150 provides easy access to manual control, letting users adjust the shutter speed as desired, giving the user freedom to render artistic images of ordinary scenes. There is also a multi-exposure function that superimposes up to three consecutively shot images together, creating a surrealistic effect that cannot be achieved with a single image alone. The camera also includes bracketing functions with exposure bracketing, and a color bracketing function that can record color, monochromatic and sepia shots of an image at the same time with a single press of the shutter button. In addition the AF control allows user to set focus freely among 11 focus points, and the white balance function provides two-axis compensation with a color temperature setting that allows more precise adjustment.
In addition to manual controls, the FX150 also offers Panasonics Intelligent Auto (iA) mode that provides the user with automatic settings adjustments depending on the shooting environment. Included in the iA modes is Panasonic's exclusive AF (auto focus) Tracking technology. AF tracking enables the camera to lock focus on a moving object, and increases Face Detection accuracy, allowing for crisp, sharp-focused shots even if the subject moves while shooting the image.
The 2.7-inch Intelligent LCD lets you check the focus, frame the shot, and use functions like thumbnail display and calendar view in comfort, with no eye strain. It also ensures clear, easy viewing in all lighting situations by automatically boosting the LCD backlighting when shooting outdoors in bright sunshine, as well as adjusting the frame rate when shooting in low-lit situations, thereby giving the display the most appropriate clarity in any situation without using extra energy.
The DMC-FX150 also features High Definition (HD) video capabilities with a resolution of 1280 x 720p at 30fps. Still photos can also be shot in a 16:9 aspect ratio for optimal full-screen viewing on a HDTV. You can even even enjoy watching videos in HD quality and view still images by connecting the DMC- FX150 via an optional Panasonic component cable (DMW-HDC2) to any HDTV display. Plus you'll get Panasonic's SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0 SE Software, which provides for easy editing and developing of your cameras images.
- 1/1.72-inch 14.7-megapixel CCD
- The DMC-FX150 features a 1/1.72" CCD that captures images with a resolution of up to 14.7-megapixels. This allows you to record images with exquisite, sharp detail, and your images remain clear and sharp even when they are enlarged to A2 size (594 x 420mm). The large number of pixels also means that you can crop your image in any way you want, and still ensure high image quality prints of your trimmed photos.
- 28mm Wide-angle Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens
- The Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens of the DMC-FX150 provides a wide angle capability equivalent to a 28mm lens (in 35mm terms), and uses advanced optical technology to deliver images with minimal aberrations and distortions. The lens unit, which comprises 7 elements in 6 groups, including an EA(extra-high refractive index aspherical) lens element, is manufactured to Leica's stringent standards and is designed to maximize both performance and compactness.
- 3.6x Optical Zoom with Extended Optical Zoom & Digital Zoom
- The DMC- FX150 features a 3.6x wide angle optical zoom capability equivalent to a 28- 100mm lens on a 35mm film camera. It also has Panasonic's Extra Optical Zoom, which uses the center portion of the cameras image sensor to provide a zoom ratio up to 7.7x (35mm equivalent of 216mm) for images with 3-megapixel resolution or less. Adding the Extra Optical Zoom to the cameras 4x digital zoom further extends the total zooming power to an incredible maximum of 30.8x (35mm equivalent: 862mm).
- Easy Zoom Function
- The Easy Zoom function makes zoom shots fast and easy - a press of the Easy Zoom button immediately gives you the maximum 3.6x power of the optical zoom, and a second press delivers the maximum 7.7x power of the Extra Optical Zoom to bring your subject right up close, easily and comfortably. The camera also includes a Focusing Distance Display with the allowable shooting range is displayed above the zoom bar, and the measurement unit can be selected from either feet or meters.
- Impressive Focus Control
- The camera incorporates the latest optical focus technology to ensure that you get the sharpest and clearest shot possible - regardless of the shooting conditions or the nature of the subject. Besides having a very fast and accurate focus system for more typical shooting conditions such as posed shots or landscapes, the DMC-FZ150 incorporates the impressive AF Tracking system that allows the camera to continue to automatically keep a moving subject in focus. This keeps the focus sharp and blur-free when shooting active children or pets, as well as when capturing sports scenes or subjects in a moving object. There is also the Quick AF mode, which starts operating as soon as the camera is pointed toward a subject to dramatically reduce the shutter delay time and lets you take pictures quickly.
- Face Detection for Superb Portraits
- The Face Detection function automatically chooses the optimal settings to make sure faces appear well-lit and in focus. This advanced technology can detect up to 15 faces in a scene, and will even automatically readjust the settings if their positions change. The DMC- FX150 is also equipped with Digital Red-eye Correction to automatically take care of the red-eye effect that often happens when shooting with a flash.
- High-Sensitivity Mode
- This mode helps suppress motion blur by automatically setting the ISO sensitivity in the range of 1600-6400, which increases the shutter speed. It also lets you take clearer, sharper shots in dim lighting without using a flash.
- MEGA O.I.S. with Intelligent ISO Control
- The MEGA O.I.S.(Optical Image Stabilizer) system compensates for handshake - the major cause of blurred images. Every slight hand-shake movement is detected accurately and is compensated to render clear, sharp images. In addition, movement of the subject, the other major cause of blurred images, is suppressed by Intelligent ISO Control (I.I.C.) that provides for automatic adjustment of the ISO setting and shutter speed that best suits the situation by analyzing the speed of subject movement.
- Venus Engine IV Image-Processing LSI
- The Panasonic image-processing LSI, Venus Engine IV, features more advanced signal processing technology for rendering even higher-quality images, including improved parallel noise reduction in both luminance signal and chromatic signal processing systems. This not only produces a clearer image in high ISO sensitivity recording, but also faithfully reproduces details in low-lit areas of pictures taken at low ISO sensitivity. The Venus Engine IV also supports sensitivity setting of up to ISO 1600 at full resolution and even up to ISO 6400 when using the high sensitivity mode, sensitive enough to capture subjects in near-total darkness without using a flash. Plus the Intelligent Exposure function now has high, standard and low settings of effect to match the shooting conditions and desired result.
- RAW File Format
- The DMC-FX150 records original picture data in RAW file format enabling the user to develop the image with the intended effects on it. With this extensive package of features and functions, the FX150 goes beyond the bounds of conventional compact cameras, giving users the power and freedom to both capture extremely life like photos and to create artistically expressive images.
- High Speed Performance
- Thanks to the Venus Engine IV, the DMC-FX150 boasts outstanding response time with a shutter release time lag is as short as 0.005 seconds to make it easy to capture sudden, spur-of-the-moment shots. The camera also provides a burst shooting mode that can snap 2 shots per second at full resolution, and a High-Speed Burst mode that it fires off an incredible 13 shots per second at lower resolution. Plus you'll also get unlimited consecutive shooting and a Flash Burst mode that makes it possible to take continuous shots - even with the flash on. Furthermore the processor is very efficient in managing the camera's power usage to extend the shooting time of the camera, making it possible to take around 330 shots on a single battery charge.
- Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode
- While the DMC- FX150 allows full manual control for more advanced photography, the camera also allows user to take perfect shots with outstanding ease. This is made possible by Panasonic's Intelligent Auto (iA) mode. In the iA mode, the camera does all the work, activating Mega O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer), Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Detection, and Intelligent Exposure. This leaves the user free to simply compose the shot and press the shutter button, with the assurance that the image will be clear, beautiful and properly exposed.
- 2.7" High Resolution LCD Display
- The DMC-FX150 features a large, 2.7" diagonal LCD and also has a High-Angle LCD feature, which makes it easier to check the LCD when you're holding the camera high to shoot over a crowd. The large LCD lets you check the focus, frame the shot, and use functions like thumbnail display and calendar view in comfort, with no eye strain. The camera also has an Auto Power LCD function that increases the backlight brightness according to the ambient light intensity, and adjusts the frame rate of live images when under low light conditions to makes both shooting and viewing photos easier and more convenient.
- Standard & Intelligent Scene Modes
- The DMC-FX150 contains a host of scene modes to assist your shooting for a wide range of situations - letting the camera make the optimal settings for you automatically, so anybody can take superb photos with ease. To make it even simpler to use the scene modes, the icons and display are designed for easy visibility. The Advanced Scene Mode function lets you quickly set the frequently used Portrait, Scenery, Sports, or Night Portrait Modes with the mode dial, and each of these modes can be fine-tuned to match the shooting situation. Creative mode also lets you adjust the aperture or shutter speed, for easy manual control.
- Unique Scene Modes
- Panasonic has made some very unique Scene modes available - such as the "Baby" mode which allows easy growth recording in which the baby's age according to the preset birthday would be automatically recorded onto the image, A Pinhole mode to emulate the look of a classic Pinhole camera, and a film Grain mode that looks like you've been shooting onto monochrome high-sensitivity film. Plus, the Tele-Macro function allows shooting the subject in the Macro mode at the telephoto end of the lens range, giving a soft-focused background to make the subject stands out.
- Intelligent Scene Detection
- With the Panasonic Lumix digital camera in Intelligent Auto Mode, the Intelligent Scene Selector will sense the ambient conditions and automatically select either the Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait or Night Scenery mode accordingly. With the camera choosing the settings for you, you'll get beautiful results every time you shoot, no matter what the scene or subject.
- Auto Angle Detection & Leveling
- Auto angle detection records whether an image was taken horizontally or vertically, and ensures that when playing back on the LCD monitor and displaying images on your TV vertical images are automatically displayed vertically and horizontal images are automatically displayed horizontally. The leveling feature lets users fix images that were accidentally shot at a slight angle - right inside the camera. Rotational correction up to 2° is possible in either clockwise or counter clockwise direction, and even difficult corrections of straight horizons and architectural buildings can be made with excellent results.
- Versatile Video Options
- The DMC- FX150 records dynamic HD motion pictures in 1280 x 720p at a smooth 24 fps, in addition to WVGA (848 x 480) and normal VGA (640 x 480) at 10 or 30 fps. The DMC-FZ28 also has a slideshow function that allows users to assemble slide shows in-camera complete with music and a variety of slide change effects for emotion-filled slideshows. Both video clips and slideshows can be viewed on a standard TV with the included video cable or view them on a large-screen HDTV - thanks to the camera's HD component output capability (requires optional DMW-HDC2 component cable).
- Built-in and Expandable Memory
- The camera includes 50MB of built-in memory, and the memory capacity can be expanded dramatically with Secure digital (SD) or Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) memory cards. You can also copy images from a memory card or PC to the built-in memory, and view them on the LCD anytime you like.
- Direct Printing Capability
- Simply connect the DMC-FX150 to a PictBridge compatible printer with the included USB cable, engage the direct print feature, and print directly - without the need for a computer The direct print feature allows you to select all images or just the images you like best, and even make multiple copies to share with family and friends.