The O 300 D Digital Active Studio Monitor (Left) utilizes Klein + Hummel's years of research and development for creating a studio monitor par excellence. This tri-amplified combines the finest drivers matched to high-performance amplifiers enclosed in a low-resonance cabinet that focuses sound without standing waves.
The O 300 D is comprised of three drivers each individually powered by its own amplifier fine-tuned for that driver. An active crossover system guarantees optimal performance and reduced distortion. The 8.25" woofer is driven by 150W of power and is constructed of lightweight polypropylene material with superior self-damping for tight, clear, punchy bass with detailed transients. The 3" mid-range driver is a treated fabric dome with a low mass for instant response and realistic sound reproduction. Transparent high-frequencies are provided by the titanium/fabric dome mounted within an elliptical waveguide for exceptional directivity. These three drivers are magnetically shielded ensuring safe usage near all of your display equipment.
Klein + Hummel has included room-switching circuitry, which compensates for the incongruous sounds that are created when speakers are placed too close to walls or corners with four switches in three important frequency ranges.
The O 300 D picks up where the O 300 left off by including digital XLR and BNC inputs compatible with both AES/EBU and S/P-DIF formats. The 24-bit D/A converter samples from 32-96KHz for handling high volumes levels without distortion. A special input is included for the Pro C 28 digital controller, which can be used for modification of phase and amplitude anomalies for handling monitor placement issues in rooms where renovation is not economically sound.
- Three-Way Tri-amplified System
- Each driver is powered by an amp specifically custom tailored for that driver creating optimal sonic accuracy with less distortion.
- Digital Connectivity
- Connect via digital XLR or BNC for both AES/EBU and S/P-DIF formats. The 24-bit D/A converter uses 32-96KHz sampling rates to handle any music at any volume or frequency with low distortion.
- The combination of low-resonance enclosure materials coupled with baffle-mounted waveguides create flat sound response with less reflections for exceptional spatial definition. Standing waves, partial coloration and comb-filter effect are essentially eliminated by the design of this cabinet and its construction.
- Room-matching Circuitry
- Sometime rooms are not forgiving in the space allotted for monitors. The O 300 compensates for placement near walls or corners with room-switching circuitry frequencies in three key bandwidths with four settings for turning a less-than-ideal room into an advantageous listening environment.