Lighting for Photography - Despite the explosion of digital technology, lighting still remains a critical aspect of photography - too often overlooked or supplanted by post-production techniques. This book, a fundamental examination of lighting techniques, takes the photographer back to basics in a plain, easy to understand fashion.
About the Author: Dr. Glenn Rand is a professional photographer and professor of photography at the Brooks Institute. He is the author of numerous books, including Film and Digital Techniques for Zone System Photography.
- Understanding the physics of light and how it affects your photography
- Controlling the quality of light for softer or more dramatic effects
- Metering techniques for flawless exposures
- Using light to create an enhanced sense of depth, accentuate form, and reveal texture
- Lighting techniques for challenging subjects and surfaces
- Selecting effective lighting equipment