The Arri ST2 Series of tungsten lighting fixtures updates a well-known industry standard. Feedback from respected lighting professionals combined with great advances in technology enable Arri to present a selection of Fresnels with over 30 new improvements for studio lighting.
The tilt lock has been improved by using a stainless steel friction disc that locks tight. This eliminates the danger of the fixture suddenly tilting downward when heavy, front-mounted barndoors or softboxes are in use. In addition, a stirrup center adjustment allows the head to slide until its center of gravity is either at or near the tilt lock. This assures a better balance, and less chance of the fixture toppling over.
When fitted with a 2000 watt bulb (available separately) this 2Kw black fixture will provide a 982 fc beam 3' (0.9 m) in diameter from 19.8' (6 m) at full spot. From the same distance it will throw a 106 fc beam 21.1' (6.4 m) in diameter at full flood.
- Stronger, Lighter
- Pressure die cast and extruded aluminum components reduce the overall weight of ST Series
- Many components offer greater strength and resistance to corrosion
- Redesigned Stirrup
- Stirrup mounting slides and can be adjusted to counterbalance all accessories
- Extruded aluminum is stronger, lighter and less bulky but still permits full fixture rotation
- Soft contour makes it comfortable to carry
- Stainless steel friction disc locks the lamphead securely even with the largest Chimera or other accessories
- Easy Maintenance
- Routine maintenance and repair are easier with fast, simple access to all internal components
- Smooth lamp housing surfaces make cleaning easier
- Meets IP23 standard -- suitable for indoor use or outdoor use providing a degree of protection against falling rain (up to a 60° angle from vertical)
- CE declaration and independently assessed TUV certification
- The laser cut hexagonal safety mesh withstands location abuse