For solar observers who already own a Coronado solar scope, the DS Series Mount opens up the daytime skies at an exceptionally modest cost. This lightweight mount provides virtually effortless tracking of the Sun, and it sets up quickly for spur-of-the-moment observing.
The lightweight computerized and motorized DS mount is designed to hold the Coronado PST and SolarMax 40, 60, and 70 solar telescopes - it tracks the Sun automatically while you observe. It's light enough to pick up in one hand and take outside on a moment's notice for instant solar prominence gratification.
- Universal Mounting Bracket
- Universal bracket and mounting hardware accommodates Coronado PST and SolarMax 40/60/70 solar scopes for effortless solar observing.
- Fork Mount Drive System
- Single fork arm altazimuth design with dual DC servo motor drives modified for solar observing with Coronado solar telescopes. A compartment in the drive-base accepts eight AA batteries for powering the telescope. The large declination knob is easy to grip and tightens in place with ease.
- Adjustable Height Tripod:
- Aluminum tripod is height adjustable for comfortable viewing. A compass with bubble level allows fast and accurate leveling of the mount. The tripod's center leg brace holds a convenient accessory tray to keep eyepieces close at hand. The tray has a built-in holder for the AutoStar computer hand control.
- AutoStar Computer Control:
- AutoStar #497 computer hand control is modified for solar observing. Simply level the mount and manually point the scope North using the supplied compass and bubble level. Turn the mount on and use the directional push buttons on the AutoStar hand control to slew the scope to the Sun. Once the Sun is centered, holding down the GoTo key on the AutoStar hand control syncs the mount on the Sun. The DS Mount will then follow the Sun accurately for as long as you care to observe.