The 16TB RS16FS Array System from PROAVIO is an external RAID storage system for Windows, and Mac computers. The array features sixteen swappable drives, which can be configured in hardware RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5, or 6 modes.
The array connects via dual 4Gbs Fibre-Channel connections for the ultimate in performance. It uses comparatively low-cost SATA II and SAS hard drives, making hardware replacement an easy task. It is an excellent solution for the large storage needs and intense performance requirements associated with video editing applications.
- RAID Flexibility
- You'll be able to configure the RAID in mode 0, 1, 0+1, 5, and 6 for extreme flexibility. RAID 0 offers full storage capacity and high performance, without any sort of data protection. RAID 5 uses parity data to protect your data in the event of a drive failure, but only delivers 75% of the total physical storage capacity of the array.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility
- The array is compatible with Windows and Mac systems. It is compatible with editing hardware and software from most major developers.
- Remote Management
- The array features an Ethernet connection for remote network management. Any computer with a web browser can perform said management. A serial port is also available for advanced user configuration.
- Expansion Options
- The array feature an SFF8470 expansion port, which can be used to connect RS16JS expansion systems. One RS16FS can host up to 80 disks -- four expansion units in addition to itself. That translates into capacities of up to 80GB.
- Rackmount Design
- The array is housed in a 3U rackmount chassis. This makes it ideal for installation in professional environments.