The Vixen AGA-1 Auto Guide Adapter guides the movements of a Starbook-S, STAR BOOK, or SkySensor controller for the finest possible image quality with long exposures. To use the AGA-1, you'll need 8 "D" batteries (not included) and an input signal from any CCD camera. Typically, users affix a guiding scope on their mount with Vixen's #3548 Tube Ring Accessory Plate, with a CCD camera attached to the rear of the guide scope. You then output the signal from the guide scope's CCD camera to the AGA-1, find a guide star, and connect the AGA-1 to your mount's controller with one of the included cables. That's all there is to it!
- Guides Vixen SkySensor, STAR BOOK, and Starbook-S mount controllers
- Outputs a standard NTSC signal to a video monitor via composite RCA connection
- Receives input signal via standard RCA connection from Vixen (and other) CCD cameras
- Guide stars can be down to 3.0 stellar magnitude (based upon a 60mm guiding scope with a 0.2 lux CCD video camera)
- Guiding accuracy of ±15 arc seconds (based upon a 1000-4000mm focal length guide scope)
- Pause Function switches AGA-1 to sidereal-time-based movement (used when guide star temporarily moves behind a cloud)
- Monitor Function constantly checks tracking with an optional monitor