The Vixen AGA-1 Auto Guide Adapter Kit with B2-3A Camera guides the movements of a Starbook-S, STAR BOOK, or SkySensor controller for the finest possible image quality with long exposures. To use the AGA-1 with the B2-3A, you'll need 8 "D" batteries (not included) and an input signal for the B2-3A CCD camera.
Typically, users affix a guiding scope on their mount with Vixen's #3548 Tube Ring Accessory Plate, or just use a bright C-mount lens with the B2-3A CCD camera attached to the rear to become a guide scope itself. Uniting the B2-3A with a conventional small refractor can be done a few ways: with the #3763 T-Mount to C-Mount Adapter, the #3748 2.4x C-Mount Extender (which inserts like an eyepiece and has 2.4x magnification), or with Vixen's #2424 CCD Adapter F.
You then output the signal from the B2-3A camera to the AGA-1, find a guide star, and connect the AGA-1 to your mount's controller with one of the included cables. That's all there is to it!
- Guides Vixen SkySensor, STAR BOOK, and Starbook-S mount controllers
- Outputs a standard NTSC signal to a video monitor via composite RCA connection
- Receives input signal via standard RCA connection from Vixen (and other) CCD cameras
- Guide stars can be down to 3.0 stellar magnitude (based upon a 60mm guiding scope with a 0.2 lux CCD video camera)
- Guiding accuracy of ±15 arc seconds (based upon a 1000-4000mm focal length guide scope)
- Pause Function switches AGA-1 to sidereal-time-based movement (used when guide star temporarily moves behind a cloud)
- Monitor Function constantly checks tracking with an optional monitor
- Kit includes B2-3A CCD camera