The Link Electronics HDE-3000/2 is a dual high definition SDI encoder for closed caption information. The unit will generate slates, bugs, TV Ratings Icons, Subtitling while encoding closed caption data. All the while accomplishing requirements for 1080i, 1080p and 720p, and SDI. The HDE-3000/2 encodes data into the vertical Ancillary portion of SMPTE 292M HD/SDI video per SMPTE 334. It also keys text and graphics images into the active portion of SMPTE 292M video.
- This caption device allows HD-SDI input with Closed Caption and outputs an HD-SDI signal as well.
- Full Screen Character Generator
- Keys text and graphics images into the active portion of SMPTE 292M video in 10 bit Y Cr Cb formats.
- The HDE-3000 is constructed in a modular concept for future updates.
- PCI Back-plane Architecture
- All of the components plug into industry standard PCI slots. The modular architecture allows for easy upgrades in the field. There are available slots that will provide features for advanced operation.
- Covered HD Formats
HD SDI Formats:
- 1080i 25/29.97/30 fps
- 1080p 25/29.97/30
- 720p 59.94/60
- 525 @ 50Hz
- 625 @ 60Hz
- The HDE-3000 meets the strictest requirements for broadcast use.
- CC Format Up conversion
- The HDE-3000 reads all known closed caption file formats and up converts EIA-608 to EIA-708 file formats as they emerge.
- Firmware Upgrade
- The firmware is easily upgraded through the front panel, 3.5" floppy or Ethernet.
- Remote can be operated via RS-232 and a PC; an RS-232C input/output is provided for data transmission as well.
- Dual Encoders
- This device will input and output on two separate channels for dual encoding capability.
- This unit was designed to fit in a 2 rack unit space.