Vienna Instruments - Solo Strings I Extended from Vienna Symphonic provides additional articulations and samples to the Solo Strings I virtual instrument (Standard Library required). Featuring the Violin, Viola, Violoncello and Double Bass, and performed by 4 soloists with many years of international concert work, the library provides instruments that are sensitive and clear, exact and homogeneous, technically perfect and utterly convincing in their musicality.
Apart from the entire sample library of the Horizon Series' Solo Strings Edition, this instrument contains many additional articulations. "Zigane," the leisurely "smeared" portamentos, are particularly impressive as Interval Performances using the enhanced audio engine's algorithms. Other articulations are the fast Interval Performances using legato, marcato and spiccato techniques.
"Harsh" articulations are played with an especially raw, almost brutal attack and are available as superbly effective Interval and Repetition Performances. Furthermore, there are special Performance Trills, repetitions in spiccato and ricochet articulations, sustains with fading vibrato, ponticello, sul tasto and numerous natural and artificial harmonics.
The Vienna Instruments user interface is clearly arranged and includes pre-configured patches for immediate playability with no learning curve. The interface uses a powerful proprietary streaming audio engine that can load up to 3,456 articulations (patches) on one MIDI channel.
Load times are extremely low and 64 stereo voices per instance can stream from the hard disc. A RAM optimizing utilities clears unused samples out of RAM. Users can easily create their own instruments, using "drag and drop" functionality, and the instrument provides the ability for velocity crossfades and release control to be switched on or off in real time.
Note! Software requires a ViennaKey USB protection device if one is not already on the system.
Requires Standard Library.
- Extended library of solo strings that along with Solo Strings I provide the raw material for recording absolutely authentic string parts
- Includes almost 77,000 samples
- Adds the full library of articulations
Articulations - Full Library
- Interval Performances - legato, portamento, zigane (gipsy), détaché, marcato, spiccato
- Fast Interval Performances - legato, marcato, spiccato, harsh
- Performance Trills
- Interval Performance Glissandos - on the same string, fast and medium speed, up and down
- Repetition Performances - legato, bow vibrato, portato (slow, medium, fast), staccato, spiccato, harsh
- Fast Repetitions and Ricochet Repetitions (accelerando, ritardando)
- Runs - legato, spiccato, major, minor, chromatic, whole tone
- Grace Notes - normal, slow, zigane
- Glissandos - medium and fast octave glissandos on the same string
- Single Notes
- Short Notes - staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
- Long Notes - sustains without, with medium, with progressive, with fading vibrato, espressivo, marcato
- Dynamics - various crescendos and diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Tremolos - sustains, crescendo and diminuendo
- Trills - half tone, whole tone, crescendo and diminuendo, constant speed and accelerando
- Pizzicatos - normal, secco, Bartók pizzicatos
- Col legno
- Sul ponticello - staccato, détaché, sustains, crescendos and diminuendos, sfz, sffz, tremolo, repetitions
- Sul tasto - staccato, détaché, sustains, sforzato, tremolo
- Natural Harmonics - sustains, repetitions, glissandos
- Artificial Harmonics - staccato, sustains, repetitions, glissandos