The CC121 is part of Steinberg's Cubase software/hardware advanced integration system and provides hardware control over many of the software functions in any version of Cubase. The unit is plug-and-play and receives power via the USB bus. However, if motorization of the single touch sensitive fader is required, the included power supply needs to be connected.
Once the unit has been installed, Cubase detects the device when launched, and automatically binds the controller into the Cubase production environment. Control functions include the previously mentioned fader, channel settings such as solo and mute, etc., full transport control and full control of the Cubase EQ section, utilizing 12 rotary encoders. Four additional buttons allow for user assignment.
- Dedicated USB control surface for all Steinberg Cubase software versions
- Features full plug and play with Cubase, requiring no additional setup
- All hardware controlling functions exactly mirrored to Cubase software counterparts
- The AI knob, a "point and control" precision controller offers speed when editing parameters and adjusting settings. Placing the mouse cursor over a particular parameter allows the AI knob to immediately assume control over that parameter
- A full transport section mirrors the Cubase transport bar
- Provides dedicated control of Cubase channel settings including solo/mute, record arm, automation read/write and pan
- Dedicated EQ section features 12 rotary encoders and 4 dedicated buttons for controlling software EQ
- 4 buttons on the front panel can be user-assigned to control any other parameters
- Powered via the USB bus, except where fader motorization is required. In the latter case the included external power supply has to utilized
- Includes Cubase AI 4 software