The Nikon Coolpix S560 Digital Camera packs high performance and advanced functions into an ultra-compact body. The S560 boasts 10 effective megapixels of sharp resolution, and a 5x Zoom-NIKKOR lens with Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization, along with a sensitivity equivalent to ISO 3200 to ensure that your photos will always look great - regardless of lighting conditions or subject movement. And all of these features are mediated by Nikon's innovative EXPEED image processing system which provides enhanced noise reduction and an improved signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio.
The Nikon S560 incorporates Nikon's user-friendly imaging innovations known as Nikon In-Camera Innovations. These include In-Camera Red-Eye Fix which automatically detects and corrects red eye, a common condition that occurs in flash photography, D-Lighting which compensates for excessive backlight or insufficient flash in images, and Face Priority AF which automatically finds and focuses on up to 12 people's faces within one frame, ensuring clear, crisp portraits. Furthermore, the S560 includes Nikon's Coolpix Software Suite for organizing, editing and sharing your photos. Two of the latest features to be incorporated into the Nikon S560 are the Smile Mode and the Blink Warning- both of these features help photographers to get the best possible portraits or group shots. The Smile mode automatically fires the shutter when the selected person smiles and the Blink Warning will display a warning message if the selected subject has blinked when the shot was taken. The Coolpix S560 also provides 15 innovative and helpful scene modes so you are assured to select the perfect settings for a variety of shooting situations.
The Coolpix S560 has a bright, high resolution 2.7-inch LCD monitor with an anti-reflective coating and a wide viewing angle, thereby easing the composition and viewing of photos even in direct sunlight. Furthermore, the quality-crafted aluminum body has a streamlined profile and a slim, ergonomic design that Style-conscious photographers will love, plus the S560 is compatible with SDHC cards and utilizes the ultra-compact EN-EL11 rechargeable Li-ion battery so you'll have plenty of power and storage for a day of picture taking.
- 10.0 Megapixel Resolution
- With 10.0 million pixels of image information, the Nikon Coolpix S550 can produce stunning, photo quality prints up to 30 x 40" without any loss of image quality. The camera also records images in the 16:9 wide format aspect ratio so your images are well proportioned to be viewed on an HD Video Display
- 5x Zoom-NIKKOR Lens
- The 5x Zoom-NIKKOR lens of the Coolpix S560 delivers excellent telephoto reach for a compact camera with a focal length equivalent to 35-175mm, and the high quality optics provides for exceptional image quality
- Optical VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- The Optical VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization system utilizes a sensor-shift mechanism to compensate for camera shake while the cameras automatically controlled high sensitivity of up to ISO 3200 allows for sharper images when shooting under low light conditions
- Slim, Stylish, All-Metal Design
- With a slim, sophisticated design this ultra-compact digital camera easily slips right into your shirt pocket or purse, and its good looks are complemented by incredible durability due to the all-metal casing
- Movie and Voice Recording
- Shoot Broadcast quality QuickTime movies with sound with VGA resolution at 30 frames per second at a length that is only limited by the available space on the internal memory or your SD memory card
- Light Sensitivity up to ISO 3200
- High light sensitivity up to ISO 3200 allows you to tackle scenes and situations that many compact cameras cannot, with the power to capture fast-moving objects with outstanding clarity and gives you great exposures in lower light
- 15 Scene Modes
- The Coolpix S560 incorporates 15 scene modes that cover some of the more common difficult shooting situations to maximize the image quality. The scene modes automatically adjust focus, exposure, white balance and other settings to make getting a good exposure easy
- Scene Auto Selector
- The camera can automatically recognize the type of scene that you are shooting and will automatically adjust the camera settings for the best possible results
- Smile Mode and Blink Warning
- The combination of the Smile Mode and a Blink Warning helps to faithfully record precious smiles in the brief instants they appear. The Smile Mode automatically releases the shutter when the selected subject smiles, helping to ensure smiles on the faces of loved ones plus a smile indicator, activated via Portrait Mode, displays a gauge that changes when a smile is detected. The innovative Blink Warning alerts you when a subject has blinked during the photo, so you can immediately retake the shot, while your subject or subjects are still in position
- Nikon In-Camera Innovations
The Coolpix S560 features a selection of three innovative functions that provide the ability to actually improve the quality of images within the camera - these include Face-priority AF, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix and D-Lighting.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix
This Feature automatically fixes most instances of red-eye - right in the camera. Red-eye is commonly caused by the use of a built-in flash on a compact camera.
- Improved Face-Priority AF
The Nikon Face-Priority AF system automatically detects and achieves sharp focus on people's faces wherever they are in the frame for crisp, sharp portraits - and now it focuses on faces faster than ever. The feature can find and focus on up to 12 faces to ensure superb group portraits.
- Nikon D-Lighting
The Nikon D-Lighting feature can rescue underexposed images or shots taken with too much backlight by automatically creating a copy of the image, then brightening the dark areas in the picture, while the well-exposed areas are left completely untouched
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix
- Built-in and Expandable Memory
- The camera includes 44MB of built-in memory so you can begin taking shots immediately without having to purchase a memory card, and the memory capacity can be expanded dramatically with Secure Digital (SD) or Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) memory cards
- Bright 2.7-inch LCD Display
- The Coolpix S560 is equipped with a bright 2.7" LCD that is great for viewing images anywhere, anytime; plus the with an anti-reflection coating and an impressive 170 degree wide viewing angle, it is easy to see the screen from any angle, even under bright lighting conditions
- Print or Show Pictures
- You can send images directly to print, without the need of a PC, when using PictBridge and USB Direct Print compatible printers, or connect directly to your TV for family slide shows and presentations