The HR-UDC1 from RDL is a digital audio format converter and an ideal choice in professional installations where signals must be converted between consumer and professional formats. Both the input and output support AES/EBU, coaxial or optical S/PDIF and AES-3ID formats. The HR-UDC1 can be used individually, or combined with other RDL products as part of a complete audio/video system.
The unit automatically detects a valid input on any of the four input jacks where the input is decoded, re-clocked and transmitted to the output. All emphasis and sampling frequency bits common to both professional and consumer standards are inserted in the output data stream. The AES/EBU input and output are 110Ω terminated while the S/PDIF coaxial and AES-3ID jacks are 75Ω. Front-panel LEDs display the digital audio format and sample rate.
RDL's proprietary Sure-Lok auto-recovery supervision system constantly monitors possible causes of latch-up, and when detected, automatically reinitiates digital signal lock, providing stability to digital audio signal conversion under the variety of professionally encountered conditions. The HR-UDC1 is powered from 24VDC, which may be connected through the detachable terminal block or supplied through an optional external power supply.
- Professional solution for data and electrical conversion between S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital audio formats
- Inputs and outputs include AES/EBU, coaxial or optical S/PDIF, and AES-3ID
- Transformer isolated AES/EBU input and output
- Exclusive Sure-Lok auto-recovery sentinel provides digital signal re-clocking
- Operates up to 24-bits/192kHz
- Sample rate indicators and digital signal lock indicator for each input format