The GT-R1 from Tascam combines a portable audio recorder with an instrument trainer to provide the ultimate device for musicians and songwriters. The GT-R1 features built-in stereo condenser mics, and can record MP3 or WAV files at resolutions up to 24-bit/48kHz to readily-available SD flash memory cards.
In addition to the on-board mics, the unit also offers a 1/4" input for connecting a guitar or bass. A 3.5mm mini line input allows you to connect an MP3 or CD player, and a 3.5mm powered mic jack lets you connect your favorite external mic. A 3.5mm mini output lets you connect headphones or speakers to the unit.
A USB port provides a quick and easy method for transferring your recordings to a Mac or PC for use in your DAW. If working in a DAW isn't your style, then you can take advantage of the GT-R1's built-in customization features. These features include the ability to loop sections, adjust speed without affecting pitch, and even cancel out a bass or guitar section, allowing you to play along with a track's original rhythm section.
Other great features of the GT-R1 include an amp simulator, allowing you to choose between several different amp sounds. Reverb and multi-effects add richness and depth to your sound, while a built-in rhythm machine provides terrific background beats. The unit even includes a metronome and a chromatic tuner for assisting you with warm ups and practice sessions.
Superb Audio Quality
- Stereo Mics
- The built-in stereo condenser mics provide clean, clear audio
- Multiple File Types
- Record MP3 or WAV files at up to 24-bit/48kHz
- The GT-R1 uses widely-available SD flash memory cards (2GB card included) to store your audio files
- The USB 2.0 port allows you to connect to a Mac or PC to quickly transfer audio files to and from the recorder. The unit's battery will also recharge when connected to a USB connection
- A wealth of inputs are provided, including a 1/4" guitar/bass input, a 3.5mm line input, and a 3.5mm powered mic input
- A 3.5mm mini headphone/line output lets you connect headphones or speakers for listening to your work. An output volume control and mix balance control provide easy playback customization
- The GT-R1 features a long-lasting rechargeable Li-ion battery for portable use 1
- DC Power
- A power input is provided for operation during longer recording sessions 2
- Amp Simulator
- Dozens of amp simulators, with effects such as reverb, flange, chorus, and many more, provide just the sound you're looking for
- Rhythm Tracks
- Over 80 different rhythm tracks are provided to give you a solid percussion backing
- Practice Features
- The built-in metronome and chromatic tuner are excellent for warm ups and practice sessions
- Speed, Pitch, and More
- The GT-R1 allows you to adjust the speed of a track without affecting pitch. You can also adjust the pitch, to match a pre-recorded track to your own sound. Other features include repeat and loop playback, overdub, and guitar/bass cancellation