The Pavilion a6600f Desktop Computer from Hewlett-Packard is a great computer for today's media-savvy families. You'll be able to use the computer with digital cameras, video cameras, MP3 players, and more.
The Pavilion comes with the Cyberlink DVD Suite software package. This multimedia software allows you to edit video and burn it to DVD disc. The system also includes Microsoft Works 9 for productivity, and Norton Internet Security 2008 with a 60-day update subscription for protection from viruses and spyware.
Bringing digital photos into your computer is easy with the built-in 15-in-1 digital media card reader, and you can capture digital video through either of the two conveniently located FireWire ports. You can easily connect peripheral devices to the computer via the six installed USB 2.0 ports.
Getting your media out of the computer is easy too; the PC's LightScribe DVD burner not only allows you to burn DVDs and CDs, you can even use it to print labels directly on the surface of a LightScribe disc.
The system is powered by a 2.2GHz Intel Pentium Dual-Core Desktop Processor E2200 CPU and boasts 3GB of RAM, a 320GB SATA 7200rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti LightScribe DVD burner, and nVIDIA GeForce 7100 graphics. Windows Vista Home Premium is the platform that ties all this hardware and software together, providing a great computer for the digital savvy family.
- Intel Pentium Dual-Core Desktop Processor E2200 CPU
- The computer is powered by an Intel Pentium Dual-Core Desktop Processor E2200 CPU, giving you the power to run software to interface with digital devices such as digital cameras, digital video cameras, and MP3 players. The multi-core technology delivers multiple execution cores in one CPU, giving you better performance than a comparable single-core processor.
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- The computer comes preloaded with the Windows Vista Home Premium operating system from Microsoft. Vista includes the slick Aero user interface, complete with the Windows Sidebar, gadget support, Flip3D navigation, and more. The Home Premium edition of Vista includes the popular Windows Media Center application. This lets your computer more easily connect to your home theater and wirelessly stream media to the Xbox 360 or another compatible media extender device.
- LightScribe DVD Burning
- The SuperMulti LightScribe DVD burner not only lets you easily burn CD and DVD discs, you can burn professional looking labels directly onto LightScribe DVD and CD media, giving your home movies and mix CDs a special look.
- Digital Photo Import and Organization
- The built-in 15-in-1 card reader lets you easily download your pictures from all major digital camera memory types without the hassle of connecting cables between your camera and computer.
- Powerful Software Bundle
- The included software bundle includes software to capture and edit video, burn and play DVD movies, perform word processing, manage your finances, connect to the Internet, and much more. Everything you need to get started with your computer is right there, letting you get started right out of the box.
- Virus Protection
- The included Norton Internet Security 2008 software comes with a 60-day subscription to help you protect your computer from malicious software such as viruses and spyware. This helps to protect your computer when you are browsing the web or reading e-mail.
- HP Warranty and Support
- Hewlett-Packard provides a full year of 24/7 technical support either by phone or online. Replacement parts are shipped out with next-business day arrival and knowledgeable technicians will help you through any problems you have. You know that you are getting real technical support that won't go away in a few months when you deal with Hewlett-Packard.