The Pavilion Elite m9450f Desktop Computer from Hewlett-Packard is a great computer for today's media-savvy families. The computer is not only powerful enough to work with digital photos from your digital camera, movies from your digital video camera and music from your MP3 player.
The computer comes with multimedia software for DVD and CD burning. It also includes Microsoft Works for productivity and Norton Internet Security with a 60-day update subscription for protection from viruses and spyware.
Bringing digital photos into your computer is easy with the integrated 15-in-1 digital media card reader, and you can capture digital video through either of the two conveniently located FireWire ports. You can easily connect peripheral devices to the computer via the six installed USB 2.0 ports.
Getting your media out of the computer is easy too; the PC's SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe not only allows you to burn DVDs and CDs, you can even use it to print labels directly on the surface of a LightScribe disc.
The system is powered by a 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Processor 9300 CPU and boasts 8GB of RAM, 750GB hard drive capacity, a SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe, and GeForce 9800 GT graphics. Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit) is the platform that ties all this hardware and software together, providing a great computer for the digital savvy family, backed by the Hewlett-Packard name.
- Intel Core 2 Quad Processor 9300 CPU
- The computer is powered by an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor 9300 CPU, giving you the power to run software to interface with digital devices such as digital cameras, digital video cameras, and MP3 players. The quad-core technology delivers four execution cores in one CPU, giving you better performance than a comparable single-core processor.
- Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
- The computer comes preloaded with the Windows Vista Home Premium operating system from Microsoft. Vista includes the slick Aero user interface, complete with the Windows Sidebar, gadget support, Flip3D navigation and more. The Home Premium edition of Vista includes the popular Windows Media Center application. This lets your computer more easily connect to your home theater and wirelessly stream media to the Xbox 360 or another compatible media extender device.
- Digital Video Recorder with TV Tuner
- The built-in TV tuner allows you to easily watch television from an NTSC or ATSC source on your computer. When coupled with the included DVR software this allows you to record your favorite TV shows automatically, even if you aren't at home. You can then watch the shows on your computer or burn them onto a DVD to watch on your home theatre system.
- SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe
- The dual layer LightScribe DVD burner lets you easily burn CD and DVD discs. You'll even be able to burn professional looking labels directly onto LightScribe DVD and CD media, giving your home movies and mix CDs a special look.
- Digital Photo Import and Organization
- The built-in 15-in-1 card reader lets you easily download your pictures from all major digital camera memory types without the hassle of connecting cables between your camera and computer.
- Digital Video Capture and Editing
- The integrated FireWire ports allow you to directly capture video from a digital camcorder to your PC. The included muvee autoProducer software lets you edit your home movies and even burn them on DVD for friends and family to watch.
- Powerful Software Bundle
- The included software bundle includes software to capture and edit video, burn and play DVD movies, do word processing, manage your finances, connect to the Internet and much more. Everything you need to get started with your computer is right there, letting you get started right out of the box.
- Virus Protection
- The included Norton Internet Security 2007 software comes with a 60-day subscription to help you protect your computer from malicious software such as viruses and spyware. This helps to protect your computer when you are browsing the web or reading e-mail.
- HP Warranty and Support
- Hewlett-Packard provides a full year of 24/7 technical support either by phone or online. Replacement parts are shipped out with next-business day arrival, and knowledgeable technicians will help you through any problems you have. You know that you are getting real technical support that won't go away in a few months when you deal with Hewlett-Packard.