The Olympus UFL-2 is designed to work perfectly with Olympus digital SLR cameras in compatible underwater housings. The strobe is packed with features to meet the challenges of digital photography in the underwater environment. The strobe can be fired with an Olympus sync cord connected to the housing's bulkhead, or with a fiber optic cable connecting the strobe's slave sensor with the camera's built-in flash. Both TTL and manual exposure is supported. You can even control the strobe's power in remote control mode through the camera's control panel.
The strobe's Auto-Focus Illuminator Light will allow your camera to focus on night dives or inside caves and wrecks. Other features include manual control power dial, test button and a easy to see control panel. In FP mode you can even sync to fast shutter speeds.
Strobes are extremely important for your underwater imaging system. The ocean is one big, blue filter. As you descend, the reds and oranges quickly become muted shades of blue and gray. Firing a color corrected strobe light on your subject will bring back your subject's natural color. With a recycle time of approximately five seconds, a 78° beam angle and a guide number that varies from 20 to 36, this strobe will help you to produce stunning underwater photographs.
- Connects with a fiber optic cable or Olympus sync cord
- Supports TTL exposure control with both sync cords or fiber optic cable connections
- Control the strobe's power in remote control mode through the camera's control panel
- FP mode allows you to sync at high shutter speeds
- Has a broad 78° beam angle
- Manual flash power dial allows you to dial in perfect exposure