The DCL-200 from Summit Audio is a dual channel compressor/limiter with stereo linking capabilities, suitable for both live sound and studio environments. The unit is a hybrid processor that uses solid state technology to provide reliability, while the vacuum tube amplifier delivers tube "warmth" and provides gain to overcome any loss of level during heavy compression.
The DCL-200 imparts a soft-knee and program-dependent transition characteristic on the source audio, while providing variable threshold, attack and release controls. Selected 12AX7A vacuum tubes with high reliability 990 op-amps in a transformerless signal path deliver sound that is not sterile, muddy or pinched, but rather clean and precise, and rich in desirable overtones.
- Dual channel compressor limiter with tube/solid state signal path
- Continuously variable attack and release times
- Adjustable threshold and variable ratio
- Soft-knee transition characteristic
- Sidechain insert for EQ dependent processing or ducking
- Output gain control
- Stereo link switch links both channels for stereo operation with the AC Threshold, Slope, Attack and Release controls of the top channel controlling both channels
- Transformerless signal path
- 990 output stage (balanced or unbalanced)
- Dual true VU meters
- Universal internal power supply
- Hand crafted in the USA