The TLA-100A from Summit Audio is a single channel leveling amplifier/compressor, based on a classic design that produces a warm and smooth sounding output. The unit functions in a set-and-forget mode and delivers great sounding results without having to do a large amount of knob turning. The amplifier has a sidechain input and 2 TLA-100A units can be coupled together for stereo processing.
The TLA-100A uses a soft-knee and program-dependent transition characteristic, and provides switch selectable attack and release settings. The unit is a hybrid processor that uses a selected 12AX7A vacuum tube with high reliability 990 op-amps in a transformerless signal path. The leveling amplifier is hand built in the USA to the most exacting standards.
- Easy to set up single channel leveling amplifier with tube/solid state signal path
- Switch selectable attack and release times
- Soft-knee transition characteristic
- Sidechain insert for EQ dependent processing or ducking
- Transformerless signal path
- 990 output stage (balanced or unbalanced)
- Stereo linkable
- Universal internal power supply
- Hand crafted in the USA