This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
Morovision Night Vision is a benchmark distributor of the latest technology in the world of night vision and accessories. By focusing on exceptional quality and craftsmanship, they maintain the highest standards for night vision specifications and customer satisfaction.
The Night Enforcer PVS-14 Monocular First Responders Kit is built around the battle proven performance of ITT's NEPVS-14 night vision monocular. This state-of-the-art NVD takes the legendary performance of the PVS-14 monocular to a higher level with the addition of ITT's 3rd generation Pinnacle tube. The Pinnacle is an auto-gated, thin-filmed image intensifier with variable gain control; the operator has the ability to increase or decrease image tube brightness for greater image contrast under dynamic lighting conditions. The Pinnacle is rated to deliver a minimum of 64 lp/mm of resolution.
The NEPVS-14 monocular is a multi-purpose monocular that can be used hand-held, head/helmet/tripod-mounted, deployed as a weapon-sight, or adapted to a camera/camcorder for surveillance purposes. It's built to endure harsh environments and small enough to fit in your coat pocket. For viewing under total-darkness conditions, the integral IR illuminator provides ample auxiliary illumination.
The First Responders kit features a selection of accessories that maximize the potential of the NEPVS-14; the monocular and its impressive array of ancillary items can be stored and transported in the dedicated hard-shell carry case.
There are many different variables that affect the distance that one can see with a night vision device, among them the object's size, the level of details being sought from the object and the conditions of observation. Night vision devices detect much further under a full moon and clear skies than they will under a new moon and cloudy skies. Many different formulas are used to determine the statistic of maximum viewing range and the method of calculation varies by manufacturer. The important factors to consider when evaluating any night vision device are the intensifier tube's generation, s/n ratio, level of magnification, specified resolution, along with the clarity & light transmission efficiency of the optical system.
All night vision devices sold by B&H have mechanisms in place to protect the intensifier tube from a sudden burst of bright light, but this does not mean that bright light doesn't damage the device. No matter what, bright light in any form is not good for the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
Note: Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- +2/-6 Dioptric adjustment
- Objective lens accepts accessory lenses (30.5mm thread)
- Variable gain control for enhanced performance in altering light conditions
- Can be used hand-held, or head/helmet/tripod/weapon-mounted
- 50 Hours on 1 "AA" battery @ room temperature
- Temperature Ranges
Operating: -59 to 120°F (-51 to 49°C)
Storage: -59 to 185°F (-51 to 85°C)
- First Responders Kit Accessories
- 3x Military Lens, IR laser stick, magnetic compass, hard carry-case, demist shield, sacrificial window
- 3rd Generation Pinnacle Intensifier
- Resolution: 64 lp/mm (minimum) ITT's "Pinnacle" third generation night vision intensifier tube lives up to its name by being the best there is in the world of image intensifiers. The Pinnacle tube is the US Army's first choice for night vision technology under the Omni VI procurement contract. Pinnacle tubes feature a thin-film ion barrier on the MCP, and a gallium-arsenide coated photocathode. The power supply was redesigned and autogated for a significantly enhanced response to dynamic lighting conditions. Compared to standard third generation technology, Pinnacle tubes deliver 22% higher photoresponse, 24% improvement in S/N ratio, a significant reduction in halo diameter, 20% greater range of vision at night, 10,000+ hours of tube life.