Auto-Tune Evo from Antares is a plug-in for Native systems running on Mac or Windows computers, that corrects intonation problems in vocals or solo instruments, in real time, without distortion or artifacts, while preserving all of the expressive details of the source material.
The updated plug-in now contains a further enhanced pitch detection algorithm that is especially useful when dealing with performances that exhibit marginal quality audio, such as noisy or poorly isolated tracks. The interface has also been redesigned with both Automatic and Graphical correction modes easily available at all times.
The previously separate Automatic and Graphical Mode Tracking controls have been consolidated into a single control and relocated to the Options dialog. The "Make Scale From MIDI" function is retained for occasions when it is not clear exactly what key a melody line is in, or where the line has too many accidentals to fit comfortably into a conventional scale.
Auto-Tune Evo will NOT open sessions created with previous versions of Auto-Tune due to the changes made to the core technology. As a workaround, both Auto-Tune 5 and Auto-Tune Evo can operate simultaneously in the same session, and the Auto-Tune Evo license includes an authorization for Auto-Tune 5.
Note! Some host applications may not support the routing of MIDI to plug- ins, in which case Auto-Tune EVO's MIDI functions will not operate. Requires iLok if one is not already installed on the system.
Requires iLok if one is not already installed on the system.
- Corrects intonation problems in vocals or solo instruments, in real-time without distortion or artifacts
- Enhanced core technology takes advantage of the power of today's computers to provide improved tracking and correction capabilities
- Common controls have be reorganized into a common area where they are easily available at all times
- Sync to Host Transport will maintain sync with the host program - once the audio is tracked and correction curves created, the user can move around in the track without having to always start playback at exactly the same location
- Selectable clock source
- Redesigned user interface allows for smoother, more intuitive workflow
- Automatic Mode
- Real-time pitch shifting control provides high-quality pitch shifting over a two-octave range (+/- one octave in semi-tone increments)
- For larger intervals or outright pitch-shifting Formant correction, when engaged, allows for preserving the vocal character of the source material over a much wider pitch-shift range
- Throat modeling allows for modifying the vocal character of the source audio by passing it through a variable-length physical model of the human vocal tract
- Graphical Mode
- In addition to Lines and Curves, the software provides a new method of pitch editing using Note Objects - the objects can be individually shifted for pitch correction or retuning
- Transitions between Note Objects can easily be customized with the Curve Tool
- Retune Speed is now an independent property of each individual correction object (Curve, Line or Note)
- During the Track Pitch process, the graphic representation of the pitch and envelope will be displayed in real-time as the audio plays
- Allows the user to modify (either increasing or decreasing) the depth of any vibrato that is present in the original performance
- "Lanes" display in Pitch Graph display mode is particularly useful when using Note Objects for pitch correction or pitch-shifting individual notes
- Enhanced pitch display provides simultaneous displays of Tracked Pitch, Correction Object Pitch, and the resulting Output Pitch at the current cursor location