Morovision Night Vision is a benchmark distributor of the latest technology in the world of night vision and accessories. By focusing on exceptional quality and craftsmanship, they maintain the highest standards for night vision specifications and customer satisfaction.
With its military styled waterproof housing, and efficient 65mm objective lens, the MV-740-3P night vision riflescope cuts a stealthy, rugged, and functional profile. This nighttime sighting solution is fitted with an ITT Pinnacle 3rd generation image intensifier with a nominal rating of 64 lp/mm. An optional auxiliary IR illuminator is recommended for long-range and/or total darkness conditions.
The MV-740 is engineered with an integral Weaver style mount, and 1/4 MOA precision click adjustments. A well-positioned top-mounted focus knob allows the shooter to dial in a well detailed sight picture, while the Mil-Dot reticle provides accurate distance ranging calculations to a target of a known dimension.
Whether you're dropping the hammer on a confirmed threat, or clearing the cabbage patch of four-legged covert nibblers, The MV-740-3P will get you on target quickly and accurately.
There are many different variables that affect the distance that one can see with a night vision device, among them the object's size, the level of details being sought from the object and the conditions of observation. Night vision devices detect much further under a full moon and clear skies than they will under a new moon and cloudy skies. Many different formulas are used to determine the statistic of maximum viewing range and the method of calculation varies by manufacturer. The important factors to consider when evaluating any night vision device are the intensifier tube's generation, s/n ratio, level of magnification, specified resolution, along with the clarity & light transmission efficiency of the optical system.
All night vision devices sold by B&H have mechanisms in place to protect the intensifier tube from a sudden burst of bright light, but this does not mean that bright light doesn't damage the device. No matter what, bright light in any form is not good for the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Retains zero on heavy caliber weapons
- Integral mount is Weaver rail compatible
- Nitrogen purged for water and fog proof performance
- 100mm f/1.5 objective lens with top-mounted focus knob
- The MV-740 is similar to the MV-760, but it has lower magnification, a wider field of view, and a shorter minimum focus distance.
- Run Time
- 60 Hours on 2 "AA" batteries
- Operating Temperature Range
- -40 to +122°F (-40 to +50°C)
- Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle
- The red-on-green Mil-Dot reticle enables ranging calculation to a target of a known size. A variable rheostat allows the shooter to balance the reticle's intensity.
- 3rd Generation Pinnacle Intensifier
- Resolution: 64 lp/mm ITT's "Pinnacle" third generation night vision intensifier tube lives up to its name by being the best there is in the world of image intensifiers. The Pinnacle tube is the US Army's first choice for night vision technology under the Omni VI procurement contract. Pinnacle tubes feature a thin-film ion barrier on the MCP, and a gallium-arsenide coated photocathode. The power supply was redesigned and autogated for a significantly enhanced response to dynamic lighting conditions. Compared to standard third generation technology, Pinnacle tubes deliver 22% higher photoresponse, 24% improvement in S/N ratio, a significant reduction in halo diameter, 20% greater range of vision at night, 10,000+ hours of tube life.