The Toshiba SD-V296 DVD/VCR Combo Player is a quality DVD player and VCR recorder combo that offers great features at an affordable price. It features a sophisticated 192KHz/24-bit audio processor, progressive scan DVD playback capabilities, simultaneous DVD playback and VCR recording, one-touch recording, and ColorStream Pro component output for high resolution DVD imagery.
Though it's an excellent DVD player, it can also be used as a CD or MP3 player. You could actually use it to share your favorite songs and photos with friends and family. In addition, it has built-in Dolby Digital/DTS decoders, offering breath-taking surround sound and sonic realism to complement your DVD movie soundtracks. If you want a unified, stylish, and easy-to-use multi-format DVD player and VCR combo unit, look no further than the Toshiba SD-V296.
Note: This unit does not have a TV tuner.
- ColorStream Pro Component Video Output
- It achieves greater color accuracy and high resolution playback capability when connected via the component output to your projector, plasma and/or LCD/CRT televisions.
- Progressive Scan
- This unit incorporates a progressive scan DVD player, capable of scanning an entire video frame at once; scan-lines commonly associated with interlaced video are drastically reduced. The result is a spectacularly clear image with no motion artifacts (stair-stepping), and details so sharp they seem as if they're etched onto the screen.
- 192KHz/24-Bit Audio Processing
- If you're looking for a DVD player with exquisite audio playback, this player will do the job. It features a digital-to-analog converter capable of processing audio at an incredible 192KHz/24-Bit range.
- High-End DVD Outputs
- With playback specifications that meet the standards of professionals, it features a component video output for high-resolution low-distortion video playback, and a coaxial digital audio output for high-quality audio playback.
- Multi-Format Capability
- It offers a full-range of playback capabilities for enjoying movies, music and images. It can playback DVD-Video, DVD-R/W, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, and MP3/WMA/JPEG image files.
- One Touch Recording
- It provides a simple and convenient way to make a recording. Simply setup the timer recording within a 24-hour period, and you're ready to record onto a VHS tape with the push of one button.
- Convenient Front-Panel Inputs
- With front A/V inputs, you can plug your accessories directly into the unit without having to pull it out of your entertainment center and messing with the rear inputs.
- Parental Lock
- It features parental lock, for parents who want full control of media content played back through player.
- Multi-Language System
- You have the ability to select multi-language and multi-subtitle preferences.