The Storm Plus HDMI Editing Card with EDIUS 5 Software from Grass Valley is an HDMI editing solution, built around the EDIUS 5 software suite. The card installs in an available PCI Express slot and features digital HDMI input and output. These allow you to work with HD video from HDMI sources.
EDIUS is a full-featured NLE software suite. An array of filters, keyers and transitions lets you refine and enhance video projects without the need for rendering. The software directly supports OHCI FireWire, as well as Grass Valley's range of realtime editing hardware cards such as the ACEDVio, and HDSTORM for accelerated realtime editing and analog connectivity.
- HDMI Input and Output
- The editing card features HDMI input and output capabilities. These ports support video at full 1080p resolution and 8-channel digital audio. Please note that the card is not HDCP-compliant.
- HDSTORM Bay
- The included HDSTORM Bay installs in an available 5.25" drive bay. Not only does it provide easy-access to HDMI ports, it also adds analog component video I/O to the card.
- HD Editing
- EDIUS allows you to edit DV content in HD resolution using automatic, realtime upscale conversion from SD to HD. This allows you to render graphics and effects in HD, improving their quality when downconverted for SD output. You can even export HDV content to hard disks or DVD-R without the need for an expensive HDV camera or deck.
- Mixed Format Timeline
- The software supports a mixed format timeline that lets you work with work with multiple video formats in realtime. This lets you mix HD and SD resolutions, aspect ratios and framerates without the hassle of constant rendering. You'll even be able to playback DV output of effects, keyers, transitions and titles in realtime while you edit.
- High Quality Codec
- EDIUS is built around the Canopus HQ Codec. This has been designed in conjunction with Scalable Technology to deliver high image quality and performance for HD video. It provides superlative Luma and Chroma sampling and adjustable bitrates when encoding.
- Professional Format Support
- EDIUS offers support for a variety of professional video formats from Panasonic and Sony. These formats include DVCPRO 50, P2, GFCAM, XDCAM, and XDCAM EX.
- Bundled Software
- In addition to the EDIUS editing application, several bundled applications are included with the suite. These include NewBlue video filters, ProDAD video effects and image stabilization, iZotope VST, Corel DVD and Blu-ray authoring, Inscriber titling, and stock footage by Artbeats.