The Presonus Studio Channel is a channel strip that features a tube preamp, a VCA compressor, and a 3-band parametric EQ. The tube preamp section features two knobs: Gain and Tube Drive. This allows you to adjust the amount of signal that hits the tube circuitry, opening up a wide range of sonic options. The VCA compressor section is well-suited to help all different kinds of audio sit nicely in a mix, whether it's percussion with fast transients, or smooth and silky vocals. The parametric EQ features a custom amplifier with a gain control on each of the 3 bands, with a variable Q knob on the mid frequency.
If you're curious about outboard gear and want to upgrade your signal path from the stock preamp found on most audio interfaces, the Presonus Studio Channel is an excellent choice for deeper sonic exploration. Likewise, experienced professionals will appreciate the Studio Channel's solid set of sound shaping tools, as well as its afforable pricetag.
- Class A Vacuum Tube Preamp
- The Studio Channel features a high voltage 12AX7 tube with both Gain and Tube Drive controls, giving you the ability to dial in a variety of different tones.
- VU Meter
- The illuminated VU meter displays both output level and gain reduction.
- A Host of Useful Tools and Controls
- 80Hz High Pass Filter
- 20dB Pad
- Phase Invert
- Make Up Gain, Auto, and Soft (Compressor Section)
- Low Noise Design