The Tamron SP AF10-24mm f/3.5 -4.5 Di II is an ultra wide-angle zoom lens. Di II means that is designed for exclusive use on digital SLR cameras with smaller-size imagers (APS-C/DX). Boasting a focal length range of 10 - 24mm, (the 35mm equivalent of 16mm to 37mm) this lens has a varied range of applications for creating dramatic images as it features both ultra-wide and semi-wide angle settings.
The close focusing capability of this lens enables image capture with an exaggerated perspective at the 10mm ultra wide-angle end or with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:5 at the 24mm semi-wide-angle. It has Micro Motor to ensure precise and smooth auto focusing.
Note! Tamron SP AF10-24mm f/3.5 -4.5 Di II is not designed for conventional cameras or digital cameras with image sensors larger than 24mm x 16mm
- Captures Ideal Range of Focal Lengths With D-SLRs
- Since the size of 35mm film format is larger than the image sensor generally used in D-SLRs, a digital camera captures a narrower angle of view than a 35mm film camera even at the same focal length settings. This lens, made exclusively for digital SLR cameras, provides ideal focal lengths to cover the range desired by DSLR shooters.
- Fits Smaller-Size Imagers
- This lens is designed so the size of the lens' image circle matches that of smaller-size image sensors. In the compact design, it is almost comparable to a lens offering the same angles of view in 35mm film format. 1
- Aspherical Lens Elements
- The optical system within this zoom lens uses three large-aperture glass-molded aspherical lenses, as well as three hybrid aspherical lenses, which minimize spherical aberrations, coma, and distortion.
- Minimum Focusing Distance Across Zoom Range
- The close focusing capability of this lens enables the capturing images with an exaggerated perspective at the 10mm ultra wide-angle end or shoot with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:5 at the 24mm semi-wide-angle setting with the freedom to create close-ups at the minimum focusing distance of 0.24m throughout the zoom range.