The affordable Canon PIXMA iP3600 Color Inkjet Photo Printer boasts a 5-color ink system of 4 dye-based inks and a pigment-based black ink to yield vivid colors and bold, black text. The iP3600 outputs photos at a resolutions up to 9600 x 2400dpi color. Plus it is quick...a photo lab-quality 4 x 6" borderless print takes only about 41 seconds. Users can print photos directly from a PictBridge-compatible digital camera or camera phone without a computer. Dual paper trays allow photo and plain paper to be loaded to keep workflow going.
The included software features Auto Photo Fix, which corrects redeye and enhances your images. The iP3600 is just 17 x 11.07 inches and only 12.5 pounds and will fit into a variety of spaces in a home, office or dorm room.
- Fast Document Printing
- Black ink documents print up to 26 pages per minute and color documents can be printed as fast as 17 pages per minute. When speed is what you need, 4 x 6" borderless photos are ready in just 41 seconds.
- Lab Quality Photo Prints
- With a maximum 9600 x 2400dpi and microscopic ink droplets as small as 1 picoliter using FINE Technology, images are produced in great detail.
- High Performance Ink Cartridges
- The iP3600 uses genuine Canon cartridges containing specially formulated inks. The Canon Think Tank System features individual ink tanks and an intelligent ink management system allowing replacement of only the colors that run out--reducing waste and saving money. A unique low-ink sensor alerts you when ink levels are low, helping you avoid running out of ink unexpectedly.
- FINE Technology
- Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses a patented print head with 2368 precision nozzles, injecting ink droplets as small as 1 picoliters.
- Dual Paper Trays
- Two-Way paper feeding for convenient plain and photo paper handling.
- Quick Start
- After pressing the power button, printing can begin in approximately 2 seconds. Full operation is also enabled in a shorter time now too.
- Automatic Image Optimization
- Within the included Easy-PhotoPrint EX software, the Auto Photo Fix program optimizes images for such factors as skin tone, white balance, brightness, and makes red-eye corrections. Images are automatically optimized for one of five categories (Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery).
- Just capture an image with a PictBridge ready digital camera/DV camcorder, then connect and print.
- Long Lasting, Archival Prints
- The ChromaLife100 ink system has a permanence rating in excess of 100 years for color and black & white images when printing on select Canon photo and fine art papers.
- Canon Generation Green
- Generation Green is Canon's new environmental initiative. Designed to provide business partners, customers and consumers a way to learn about the environmentally-friendly approach that Canon is taking to design many of its current and future products and solutions; for example, possible cost savings through energy efficiency. The features that follow have Generation Green characteristics.
- Reduction in Packaging
- The packaging of the iP3600 has been reduced by 4.2% over the previous model, delivering shipping efficiencies of up to 23% percent. Downsizing the packaging helps reduces CO2 emissions and waste throughout the whole process of production, shipping, to selling.
- Individual Ink Tanks
- The individual ink tanks may reduce the amount of wasted ink from cartridges as compared to a composite 4 color cartridge, by allowing users to replace individual color tanks rather than entire color cartridges.
- ENERGY STAR
- Qualified products are 25% more efficient than conventional models. By using less energy, these products reduce greenhouse gas emissions and saves energy as well as money.
- RoHS Compliance
- This is a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. This product contains no cadmium, mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB), or Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE).
- Hardware Recycling Program
- Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations. We want to work with our customers to help ensure appropriate recycling of products to help improve the environment and our local communities.
- Refurbishing Program
- The Canon U.S.A., Inc. refurbishing facility manages all waste stream processes for Canon products, so Canon has full control over recovery and salvage for Canon products, not third-party vendors.
Note:Logos are trademarks of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
Reprinted from www.pcmag.com, September 7, 2010, with permission. 2010 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.