The Event Opal Bi-Amplified Nearfield Monitor brings true-to-life sound reproduction in a compact, black powder-coated aluminum chassis. The Opal is built to help promote pure sound with its injected molded aluminum chassis. The Opal's special design diminishes standing waves with two variable impedance ports for the low frequencies and an elliptical rotating wave guide ideal for use horizontally. The low frequency EX8 X-Coil transducer, made from polyamide-glass fiber, is powered by up to 600W of Class AB power while the 1" Neodymium HF transducer has a Beryllium copper dome powered by up to 140W of Class AB power as well.
If you need flat, accurate audio reproduction in your studio uncolored by standing waves, the Opal is ideal for you.
- Bi-amplified system has 387W of continuous power for the LF driver and 112W of continuous power for the HF driver
- EX8 LF transducer and ULD1 HD transducer join together to create pure sounds usually only heard in 3-way systems
- Rotating high frequency wave guide is ideal for horizontal speaker positioning
- Flared ports with variable impedance eliminate artifacts created from room acoustics
- Chassis is designed with rounded edges to prevent standing waves while aluminum construction resists resonance