Especially popular with fashion shooters, the Profoto Giant Parabolic Reflector is a unique light shaper that is frequently called an umbrella but it is quite a different thing. A parabolic umbrella has many more support spokes to make the source truly round, which works in conjunction with the key design factor of depth. Together they render light output which has a wrap around quality due to its large diameter but is also crisp thanks its unique focal point.
More like a 10' (300 cm) beam of light as compared to an umbrella's bounced light, the focus can be adjusted for harder or softer output while containing spill, by swapping out the center pole to locate the flash closer or further away from the back of the reflector. Optional 1/3 and 1 stop front diffusers allow you to produce soft light comparable to an Octabox if desired.
- Creates a giant light source
- Extra deep, true parabolic shape
- The focus can be adjusted by exchanging the center poles
- Designed to withstand years of professional use
- Can be folded to save valuable studio space
- Optional front diffuser available for a softer light spread