The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Lens is a standard lens with an ultra-bright f/1.4 aperture, which allows for fast, accurate shooting with available light. It is also the excellent choice for when a shallow depth of field is desired. An ideal portrait lens when used on a Nikon DX-format digital SLR, it approximates the angle of view similar to that of a 75mm lens on a Nikon FX-format digital SLR or a 35mm film camera.
The optical design of this lens minimizes flare and chromatic aberration. The SWM (Silent Wave Motor) feature ensures fast and quiet focusing action, and the nine-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend smoothly to produce natural-looking, harmonious backgrounds.
An ideal prime lens, perfect for full-length portraits, travel photography or any type of available-light shooting.
Note: G-type Nikkor lenses have no aperture control ring and are intended for use on Nikon D-SLRs that allow the lens aperture to be adjusted via the camera's command dial.
Note: AF-S feature is not supported by certain camera models. Please click here for a list of incompatible models.
- Silent Wave Motor
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) enables quiet automatic focusing with quick and convenient switching between autofocus and manual operation
- Non-Rotating Barrel
- Non-rotating front element allows the use of circular polarizing filters and lens-mounted flash accessories
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color performance, while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Rounded Diaphragm
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend together smoothly for natural-looking backgrounds
- M/A Focus Mode
- M/A Focus Mode allows fast, smooth transitions, autofocus to manual operation