The UAD-2 Quad from Universal Audio consists of a short form PCIe (Express) card for use in either Mac or Windows based native audio workstations. The card supplements the DSP processing of these systems, giving the computer's CPU more headroom and freeing resources for other functions that can include additional tracks, heavier mix automation or the ability to use more native effects.
"Analog Classics" is a new software bundle included with the UAD-2 Quad, a collection of the company's best-selling and most-popular plug-ins that truly captures the quality of their analog hardware emulations, and brings classic "analog" sound to the digital domain. The Pultec EQ and the RealVerb Pro Room Modeler have always been included with the card.
But now, two classics that were previously only available for purchase, have been added. The LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler is an emulation of the revered, electro-optical, analog compressor, while the 1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier is the most accurate emulation of UA's legendary, FET-based, hardware classic. Also part of the bundle is the 1176SE Limiting Amplifier, a DSP-optimized version of the 1176LN, yielding higher instance counts with its own unique characteristics.
An included voucher allows the user to purchase from Universal Audio (via the Internet) further plug-ins of their choice. Additionally, the UAD-2 Quad supports the use of other manufacturers' Audio Units, RTAS or VST plug-ins when using the appropriate host software.
Note: To obtain the LA-2A and 1176LN plug-ins, the purchaser needs to register their card. The plug-ins will then be automatically added to their my.uaudio.com account and available for immediate download and use.
- Cross-platform (Mac/PC), high-bandwidth PCIe (Express) card provides dedicated DSP for native DAW applications
- Card features 4 Analog Devices SHARC 21369 floating-point processor that delivers 2.5 times the DSP power of the original UAD-1
- Fully PCIe 2.0 compliant x1 card that can be used in x1, x4, x8 and x16 slots1
- Real-time and faster than real-time mix bounce processing supported
- High-speed memory bus improves the running of reverb/delay type effects
- Live Track (low latency mode) induces no added latency and allows the card to behave like a host based plug-in for monitoring, tracking and processing
- L.O.D.E. (live Optimizing DSP Engine) automatically balances plug-in instantiation to deliver maximum DSP allocation
- Load Lock reserves DSP for guaranteed plug-in loading
- Sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz supported
- "Analog Classics" plug-ins covering dynamics, EQ, reverb and processing
- Supports the use of third-party Audio Units, RTAS and VST plug-ins
- Further plug-ins can be obtained from UA's web site using an included voucher that has an equivalent value of fifty dollars