The Sony RDR-GX257 DVD-Recorder combines superb functionality and versatility, with abilities to record your home movies or television shows directly from your cable box or satellite receiver via composite (RCA) line connectivity. It records onto DVD-R/W and DVD+R/W discs with a choice of 5 different recording speeds. Your current DVD library will look and sound better than ever before, because it's a progressive-scan player capable of upconverting your DVDs to 1080p HD through the HDMI output. Plug in your digital camcorder to the front panel DV (IEEE) input and make high quality DVDs of your memories quickly and easily.
Moreover, this recorder offers incredible features that will be hard to match. Its 10-bit/54MHz video processing circuitry reduces video imperfections such as Block Noise, Mosquito Noise, and Frame Noise. Enjoy the awesome power of Dolby Digital and DTS audio decoding and 32-bit audio DAC with 96KHz Processing. With multi-format playback capabilities, connectivity to virtually any A/V source, set-top box controller (IR Blaster), coaxial digital audio output, and one-touch recording video camera dubbing, your entertainment choices are endless with the Sony RDR-GX257.
- High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) with 1080p
- This unit utilizes a high-bandwidth video processor capable of upconverting standard video resolutions to 1080p through the HDMI output. HDMI supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable.
- Progressive Scan
- This is a progressive scan DVD player, capable of scanning an entire video frame at once; scan-lines commonly associated with interlaced video are drastically reduced. The result is a spectacularly clear image with no motion artifacts (stair-stepping), and details so sharp they seem as if they're etched onto the screen.
- Multi-Format Player
- Don't worry about limited playback capabilities, it can play DVD-Video, DVD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, and JPEG images.
- Multiple Recording Modes
- This unit offers 5 recording modes: HQ, SP, LP, EP, and ULP.
- DV (IEEE 1394) Input
- Just connect your digital video camera to the unit's DV front-input terminal, and you're ready to record images onto a DVD recordable disc.
- High-Performance Outputs
- With playback specifications that meet the standards of professionals, the RDR-GX257 features a component video output for high-resolution low-distortion video playback, and a coaxial digital audio output for high-quality audio playback.
- Dolby Digital and DTS Sound
- It features built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders capable of advanced 32-bit processing and an outstanding sampling frequency of 96KHz.
- Set-Top Box Controller
- Enjoy the ability to control your set-top box with the included IR Blaster. Controls the channel functions of most cable set-top boxes or satellite receivers for timer recording.
- Other Great Features
- Instant Replay, Instant Search, Screen Saver, 10-Bit Video Processing, Chasing Playback, On-Screen Controls, and Easy Set-up Through On-Screen Display.